Neil McGrath on YouTube   Neil McGrath on Vimeo   Neil McGrath on uStream   Neil McGrath on Soundcloud   Neil McGrath on Bandcamp   Neil McGrath on ReverbNation   Neil McGrath on LastFM   Neil McGrath on Twitter   Neil McGrath on Facebook   Neil McGrath on Google+   Neil McGrath on MySpace   Neil McGrath on Bebo  

Wednesday, 9 March 2005

R.I.P. B.I.G.

First up I wanna take a moment to pay homage to one of my musical heroes, Christopher Wallace a.k.a. The Notorious B.I.G. who passed away 8 years ago today. Biggie was without doubt one of the most talented lyricists ever (aswell as the greatest emcee of all time) and probably one of my biggest influences since John Prine or Bob Dylan when it comes to songwriting...I doubt you will hear it very much in my music as I am obviously not a gangsta rapper but anyone who is close to me will testify that they have heard "Party n' Bullshit" or "I've Got A Story To Tell" at least 150 times whether they wanted to or not...

...so if ya don't know, now ya know...

Secondly, thanks to those I was speaking to for all the positive feedback on the site..the message board should be here this week so you can post on that...unless the feedback takes a turn for the worst between now and then, in which case I'll have the extra expense of bribing people to go on the board and say nice complimentary things about me..not that I'd be the first one round these parts to think of such a thing ;)

How and ever...as regards the music I think I'm back in studio this weekend, if not then next...I'll stick the "Artist" demo on the site this week anyway...as for a live performance I believe I'm doing a night very soon with both Gorbachov and OneFortyNine, will let you know where and when that's happening as soon as I know myself...speaking of OneFortyNine just saw their pics from the Bar Fly gig in Liverpool last weekend, I hear they went down very well there and the pics look like it was a good nite...g'wan the international local bands...that's something else I gotta get on this site aswell..a links page of local bands because I'm hearing some seriously good music lately from local bands..the competition these days is hot as balls to say the least..

..and on that note I'll exit..back soon with the message board...

No comments:

Post a Comment